Programs & Information
The weekly reading program is free of charge and open to children from birth to 5 year old. It runs during the school year from September through May on Wednesday mornings. Story time starts at 10:30 am. Come join the fun with Miss Mia. CURRENTLY ALL STORY TIME ACTIVITIES ARE VIRTUAL. CHECK OUT MISS MIA’S GREEN FREE LIBRARY STORY TIME ON YOUTUBE.
Tails and Tales Summer Library Programs 2021
Registration opened on June 1 for our summer programs. You can still register until July 30th. Walk-ins are welcome at any of the programs!
Logging of reading minutes can be done by paper forms or online at READsquared. Logging of minutes for preK to 6th graders ends on July 31st and for tweens/teens and adults on August 21st.
Programs (also on our Events Calendar):
- Kickoff with staff and ice cream provided by Main Street Creamery, 10:30 am on June 23rd. Library lawn and porch.
- Jeffini the Great, magician, 10:30 am on July 7th. Library lawn and porch, weather permitting.
- Second Chance Animal Care Sanctuary, 4:30 pm on July 21st. Open for all ages. Library lawn.
- Second Chance Animal Care Sanctuary, 1:30 pm on July 24st. Open for all ages. Library lawn
- Exotic Edventures animal program, 10:30 am on August 4th. Library lawn and porch.
Donations are being accepted for Second Chance. Their wish list of items is listed under News on library’s homepage.
The TumbleBookLibrary is a collection of TumbleBooks(animated, talking picture books) with fiction, non-fiction and foreign language titles, Read-Alongs (chapter books with sentence highlighting and narration but no animation),TumbleTV which consists of pre-set playlists of a sequence of books, and Tumble Puzzles & Games.
TumbleBooks are created from existing picture books which are licensed from children’s book publishers and converted to the TumbleBook format. Click here to use Tumblebooks Library.
- The Children’s Room houses books for preschoolers through second graders. Some DVDs, multimedia kits, and music are also available. Puppets, activity centers, and other hands-on materials are also found in this location. as well as a computer with pre-installed educational software for preschool children.
- The Robinson Room has a small teen area with bean bag chair and white board.
- Nonfiction and fiction books for juveniles and young adults are in separate locations in the Robinson Room.
- DVDs and audio books for youth are available in the Main Room of the library.